Saturday, July 17, 2010

Our Vacation Posts

Whew! I finally finished posting all the vacation pictures. The twins and I took off for NC on June 9th with my friend's daughter Britnie as my helper. Britnie had also become good friends with Amber so she spent the 3 weeks we were in NC with them. I went to Jacksonville first to check on our house. Love our renters. They are in their 2nd year and may be there 2 more. I hope they stay. Stayed with our friends the Pfeiffers and got to see Tanya and Susan. After Jacksonville I spent a couple days at Lance and Gail's house. We had a BBQ while there so the entire family could come together. Then I went to my dad's house. Grandma Mildred came over every day. We had a Father's Day BBQ with Lance and fam. Did some shopping. Then after Dad's house I went to Mom's. My stepsister Cheryl was there almost the whole time I was with her 3 kids so it was busy. We went to Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh. The twins and I went to church with Mom on Sunday. I didn't take 10 minutes for us to vacate the sanctuary and retreat to the nursery! My last 2 days was spent running around and seeing some other people. I went to Raleigh and saw my long lost friend Kristy and her gorgeous new baby boy Layne. I also stopped to see my friend Marie (who I met in CA and she now lives in RAleigh!). Then I got to spend a few hours with my Uncle Craig at his house. He showed off his trains to Eli (Luci was sleeping) and then let them play with the Thomas trains he has for his grandids. Dan flew in on a Wednesday and we spent the afternoon with my dad and Peggy and then we had dinner with my mom and Lance and fam. Thursday morning we took off in a car with the twins and Britnie for a 15 hour drive to Maine. While in Maine we spent almost every day by the pool, visited Cabelas, went to see lighthouses, and just spent time together. I'm still exhausted!! It was hard to make sure that everyone got equal time but it was worth it for the twins. All the hard work was for them to be able to spend quality time with family. So that made it all worth it. Enjoy the next 8 posts! Each visit has their own entry and there a bunch of pictures! I took over 500!

No comments: